Planning a hen do with a difference can be one of the best parts of your wedding, a chance to get all your favourite people together for stress free fun times before the big day. Whether you are biting the bullet and taking on the organisation yourself or leaving it to your trusted bridesmaids we have come up with some fun filled ideas from across the region. The rest is up to your imagination!!
1. Why not extend your vintage tea party themed wedding to the hen do and take your girls away for a weekend in historic Bath. Start off with a delicious lunch at the traditional Hands Tea Room and follow that with a relaxing afternoon at the Thermae Bath Spa. Its Britain's only natural thermal spa, located in the historic city of Bath, offers traditional and state-of-the-art spa facilities and the most stunning roof top pool. It would be a shame not to round off the weekend with a visit the Roman Baths and end up in the decadent Pump Rooms for Afternoon tea.
2. Blue Funnel Cruises in Southampton offers a range of themed nights and parties nights where you can party while sailing the local waters. The night includes a basket meal and the chance to party the night away with the DJ. The Caribbean night features a Limbo competition and the 80s night is a chance to dress up and win a prize!
3. If you are having a winter themed wedding from November until January Somerset House plays host to London's most stunning ice rink, with a sparkling 12 metre Christmas tree. Why not go all out and combine this with a trip to Below Zero the UK's only permanent bar made of ice where the walls, bar, tables and even your own personal glass are made of the purest ice. It would be wrong not to indulge the pre-Christmas spirit with a bit of retail therapy in Harrods, Harvey Nichols or the amazing Covent Garden!
4. How about spending some time in the great outdoors with a weekend at Center Parcs in Longleat? It’s a great idea to ensure everyone gets to spend time doing the activities they love. The more adventurous could take part in the Aerial Adventure, a thrilling combination of Tree Trekking and Zip Wire for the serious adrenaline junkie! After all that hard work you and your girls can relax in the Aqua Sana Spa where are treats around every corner; from tranquil water beds, to a delightful spa pool and the sublime meditation room it will send you all to sleep!
5. Brighton has always been a hen night favourite famed for its shopping and night life! Take the chance to have a weekend of indulgence by taking your girls to burlesque dancing lessons. If you want to see how the professionals do it visit Proud. Enjoy a live burlesque and cabaret show while dining and then try out some moves on the dance floor! A trip to Brighton wouldn’t be complete without a visit to the Choccywoccyboudoir at Choccywoccydoodah’s Bar du Chocolat – your own intimate boudoir for two hours full of chocolate delights!!!
If none of these float your boat how about an amusement park get away, a murder mystery weekend, a pamper party, a glamping trip, Go Ape or for the ultimate in Hen activities – the male strip show!!! Don’t forget Behind The Scenes can assist in Hen do planning!
Hopefully that will give you some ideas for a fun filled Hen party to suit all tastes. Whatever you decide enjoy the chance to relax and let your hair down. But the most important thing is don’t forget the obligatory Hen paraphernalia – tiara, sash and all things embarrassing – the more you refuse the worse it will be!!
All information was correct at time of writing.